Total Lunar Eclipse of 2014 April 15 - Totally Eclipsed Moon and Spica
The totally eclipsed Moon was accompanied by the bright star Spica. Spica (Alpha Virginis) is the brightest naked eye star in the constellation Virgo and the 15th brightest star in the entire sky.
- Object: Total Lunar Eclipse of 2014 April 15 - Totally Eclipsed Moon and Spica
- Date/Time: 2014 April 15 at 08:03:25 UTC
- Location: Bifrost Astronomical Observatory, Portal, AZ
- Lens: Nikkor 200mm F/4 AI
- Mount: Losmandy GM-8 German Equatorial Mount
- Camera: Nikon D7000
- Exposure: 4s + 30s f/5.6, ISO 1600
- File Name: TLE2014Apr-2015w.jpg
- Processing (Adobe Camera Raw): Exposure Adjustment
- Processing (Adobe Photoshop CS6): 2-Image Composite, Layer Mask
- Original Image Size: 4928 × 3264 pixels (16.1 MP); 16.4" x 10.9" @ 300 dpi
- Rights: Copyright 2014 by Fred Espenak. All Rights Reserved. See: Image Licensing.