Total Lunar Eclipse of 2014 April 15 - Eclipsed Moon, Spica and Mars
The totally eclipsed Moon was accompanied by the bright star Spica as well as brilliant Mars. The red planet passed opposition with Earth a week earlier.
A short satellite trail appears ner the top of the image.
- Object: Total Lunar Eclipse of 2014 April 15 - Eclipsed Moon, Spica and Mars
- Date/Time: 2014 April 15 at 07:52:28 UTC
- Location: Bifrost Astronomical Observatory, Portal, AZ
- Lens: Nikkor 85mm F/1.4 AI
- Mount: Losmandy GM-8 German Equatorial Mount
- Camera: Nikon D7000
- Exposure: 4s + 30s f/5.6, ISO 1600
- File Name: TLE2014Apr-2008w.jpg
- Processing (Adobe Camera Raw): Exposure Adjustment
- Processing (Adobe Photoshop CS6): 2-Image Composite, Layer Mask
- Original Image Size: 4928 × 3264 pixels (16.1 MP); 16.4" x 10.9" @ 300 dpi
- Rights: Copyright 2014 by Fred Espenak. All Rights Reserved. See: Image Licensing.