Total Lunar Eclipse of 2014 April 15 - Mid-Totality
At mid-totality, the umbral magnitude reaches its maximum of 1.2907 and the Moon appears its darkest. Not really the media-hyped "blood Moon" but more like an orange "Great Pumpkin" Moon!
- Object: Total Lunar Eclipse of 2014 April 15 - Mid-Totality
- Date/Time: 2014 April 15 at 07:46:23 UTC
- Location: Bifrost Astronomical Observatory, Portal, AZ
- Telescope: Astro-Physics 130EDF APO Refractor (130mm, f/5.9, fl=770mm) + Tele Vue 2X Powermate
- Mount: Astro-Physics 1600GTO
- Camera: Nikon D800
- Exposure: 8s, f/12, ISO 400
- File Name: TLE2014Apr-1082w.jpg
- Processing (Adobe Camera Raw): Color Balance, Exposure Adjustment
- Processing (Adobe Photoshop CS6): Curves
- Original Image Size: 4912 × 7360 pixels (36.2 MP); 16.4" x 24.5" @ 300 dpi
- Rights: Copyright 2014 by Fred Espenak. All Rights Reserved. See: Image Licensing.