Total Lunar Eclipse of 2014 April 15 - Partial Eclipse (Mag. = 0.78)
Deep colors in the umbral shadow are revealed in a long exposure 15 minutes before the total phase begins.
- Object: Total Lunar Eclipse of 2014 April 15 - Partial Eclipse (Mag. = 0.78)
- Date/Time: 2014 April 15 at 06:51:39 UTC
- Location: Bifrost Astronomical Observatory, Portal, AZ
- Telescope: Astro-Physics 130EDF APO Refractor (130mm, f/5.9, fl=770mm) + Tele Vue 2X Powermate
- Mount: Astro-Physics 1600GTO
- Camera: Nikon D800
- Exposure: 2.5s, f/12, ISO 400
- File Name: TLE2014Apr-1117w.jpg
- Processing (Adobe Camera Raw): Color Balance, Exposure Adjustment
- Processing (Adobe Photoshop CS6): Curves
- Original Image Size: 4912 × 7360 pixels (36.2 MP); 16.4" x 24.5" @ 300 dpi
- Rights: Copyright 2014 by Fred Espenak. All Rights Reserved. See: Image Licensing.