2012 Partial Lunar Eclipse - Greatest Eclipse
Lunar eclipses always occur at Full Moon (see: Lunar Eclipses For Beginners). This image was shot three minutes before greatest eclipse when the magnitude reached a maximum value of 0.370.
Additional photos can be seen at: 2012 Partial Lunar Eclipse Photo Gallery.
Partial Lunar Eclipse of June 04
Penumbral Eclipse Begins: 08:48:09 UT (01:48:09 MST) Partial Eclipse Begins: 09:59:53 UT (02:59:53 MST) Greatest Eclipse: 11:03:13 UT (04:03:13 MST) Partial Eclipse Ends: 12:06:30 UT (05:06:30 MST) Penumbral Eclipse Ends: 13:18:17 UT (06:18:17 MST)
For more information on the eclipse, see: 2012 Partial Lunar Eclipse (NASA).
- Object: 2012 Partial Lunar Eclipse - Greatest Eclipse
- Date/Time: 2012 June 04 at 11:00:04 UTC
- Location: Portal, AZ
- Mount: Losmandy GM-8 Equatorial Mount
- Telescope: Vixen 90mm F/9 Fluorite Refractor (Focal Length = 810mm)
- Camera: Nikon D7000
- Exposure: 1/160s, f/9, ISO 250
- File Name: PLE2012-1152w.jpg
- Processing (Adobe Camera Raw): Exposure Adjustment
- Processing (Adobe Photoshop CS5): Color Balance, Curves
- Original Image Size: 3264 x 4928 pixels (16.2 MP); 10.9" x 16.4" @ 300 dpi
- Rights: Copyright 2012 by Fred Espenak. All Rights Reserved. See: Image Licensing.